MSD will host a public hearing tonight at 6:00 to formally present its fiscal year 2014 budget to the public.
The hearing will take place at MSD’s administrative offices located at 2350 Market Street, St. Louis, Missouri, 63103 (corner of Market Street and Jefferson Avenue). During the hearing, MSD officials will review details of the budget and take questions from the public on the proposed expenditures.
MSD’s fiscal year 2014 budget totals $493.1 million and covers the operating, capital, and debt service needs from July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014. Highlights include:
- $4.4 million in incremental budgets tied to the strategic business plan.
- Approximately $3.0 million increase in expenses related to required regulatory treatment plant process additions.
- Total Capital Improvement and Replacement Program (CIRP) budget of $223.8 million.
- Included in the CIRP is $1.3 million to replace the legacy permitting and plan review tracking system in engineering.
- Assumes the issuance of an additional $125 million in bonds from the $945 million bond authorization of June 2012
In addition, the FY 2013-2016 capital program was able to save money thanks to consolidating sewer rehabilitation projects, efficient planning when designing sewer projects, and lower bids than anticipated on sewer projects.
For the current FY 2013-2016 capital program, MSD projects being able to remain within and under budget by approximately $24 million. MSD anticipates meeting all consent decree and expected regulatory requirements through 2016.
For more information on MSD’s FY 2014 budget, please visit www.stlmsd.com.